Nutritional facts / serving
- Kcal 476
- Pro 49g
- Carbs 54g
- Fat 10g
How to make this recipe
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
2 medium onions
2 cloves of garlic
tbsp. olive oil
2 tbs tomato puree
70 g chorizo (optional)
4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 cube of chicken stock
1 heaped teaspoon of smoked paprika
3 tbs fresh parsley
This dish is rich in carbohydrates from the rice which replace glycogen sources that get depleted during training.
The low-fat proteins such as chicken and prawns support muscle recovery and the vegetables are rich in anti-oxidants which support immune function.
- Peel and chop the onion, garlic, carrots and peppers. Finely chop parsley stalks
- Roughly chop the chicken
- Fry the garlic, onion, carrot, parsley stalks for a few minutes
- Add the chicken and paprika to the pan and fry for 5 min – stirring regularly
- Add the chopped pepper and keep stirring for a few more minutes.
- Stir through the tomato puree and crumble in the stock cube
- Add the rice and stir for a few minutes so that the rice starts to absorb the flavours
- Add 850 ml boiling water and a pinch of salt and pepper
- Bring to the boil
- Once boiling, reduce the temperature and allow to simmer for 15 min with lid off.
- Stir regularly!
- Add a splash more water if required.
- Stir in the peas and prawns – cook for 5 more minutes
- Serve with lemon wedges and chopped parsley leaves.