Have you ever been to a wedding or a fancy dinner party, and you saw a beautiful and delicious macaron tower? Have you ever wondered how to make a macaron tower? Do you dream of making your own beautiful French wedding cakes that look like blogs and magazines?
Read this post from Thefoodchampions.org to apply delicious and cheap macarons tower right at your kitchen.
What Is A Macaron Tower Called?
A classic French wedding cake called croquembouche is made with cream puffs and coated with powdered sugar. This tower is made with a unique “crunchy” sound.
A cleaner and more refined version of croquembouche has been around for years and people really like it. With this recipe, it’s a way to showcase your homemade cookies and make them look good anywhere.
How to make macarons tower?
Macaron Cake Recipe
- Almond: 105 grams
- Flour: 105 grams
- Powdered sugar: 100 grams
- Egg whites: 100 grams
- Sugar: 1/4 tsp salt
- Burgundy food coloring
- 4oz cream cheese (softened)
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300ºF and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Stir the sugar and egg whites together until they are soft. Then, fold the almond mixture into the whites and continue to whip until they are stiff.
3. If you would like to colour the macarons, separate the batter into 3 batches and stir in a bit of colour into each batch. Once the macarons have come out of the oven, remove them and allow them to cool on the trays before removing them.
4. To assemble the macarons, pipe or spread a little marmalade on the bottom of one of the macarons. Press the other side of the macaron until all of them are filled. Repeat steps 1 through 4 to make enough macarons to reach a tower of 80 to 100 macarons.
5. If you cannot find extra fine ground almonds, then grind them with the icing sugar to get the best texture.
6. Beat the icing sugar, water, and meringue powder until smooth. Divide the icing into 3 bowls, and tint it to match the colors of the macarons.
In a mixing bowl, beat the icing sugar, egg, and 2 Tbsp of water until smooth. Divide the mixture into 3 batches and tint it to match the colors of the macarons.
2. Place the Styrofoam cone on your desired plate, cover with paper, and glue with royal icing.
3. To create the royal icing, pipe a little royal on one of the macaron’s sides and stick it to the paper. build a bottom layer with one color of macaron and build another tier with the same color. Stand the last macaron upright at the very top and let the tower sit for at least 2 hours before moving.
Gently place your tower on the cake stand and wait for guests to come enjoy. Good luck
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you fix the macarons to the cone?
- Traditional caramel (But it will take you a long time to prepare)
- Royal Icing (It will take some time but it will be so pretty)
- Toothpicks ( Very fast and clean)
How do you present macarons?
There are two ways to arrange macarons: according to the edge of the cake and according to the surface of the cake.
If you press the side of the macaron to the cone instead of the edge, it will take up more surface area and you’ll use less cookies.
What are macarons served with?
The perfect combination for a macaron is to pair a drink with a flavor that matches the cake. And coffee, tea and champagne are the three most popular and perfect combinations, depending on the time of day.